Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
Are you in the mood for a delicious and healthy meal that’s quick and easy to prepare? Look no further than this mouthwatering Teriyaki Salmon Recipe! Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this dish is sure to impress . The combination of succulent salmon fillets and the rich, sweet-savory teriyaki glaze creates a flavor explosion that will leave your taste buds dancing . Plus, it’s a fantastic way to incorporate more omega-3 fatty acids into your diet . In this article, we’ll walk you through every step of the process, from selecting the freshest ingredients to storing any leftovers . Let’s get started!
Teriyaki Salmon Recipe Ingredients
To make this delectable Teriyaki Salmon Recipe dish, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Sliced green onions (for garnish)
- Steamed white rice (optional, for serving)
Now that you’ve gathered all your ingredients, let’s dive into the cooking process:
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, mirin, sake, brown sugar, minced garlic, and grated ginger to create the teriyaki sauce. Set it aside.
- Heat a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Place the salmon fillets in the hot skillet, skin side down. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the skin is crispy and the salmon easily releases from the pan.
- Flip the salmon fillets over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes on the other side until they are cooked to your desired level of doneness. For a medium-rare salmon, aim for an internal temperature of 125°F (52°C).
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the cooked salmon fillets. Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes, glazing the salmon and infusing it with incredible flavor.
- Remove the salmon from the skillet and transfer it to a serving platter.
- Garnish your Teriyaki Salmon with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
How to Prepare ️
Here’s a more detailed breakdown of how to prepare this Teriyaki Salmon recipe:
- Prepare the Teriyaki Sauce: Start by whisking together the soy sauce, mirin, sake, brown sugar, minced garlic, and grated ginger in a bowl. This sauce will be the star of the dish, so make sure it’s well-mixed and flavorful.
- Sear the Salmon: Heat a large skillet or pan with vegetable oil until it’s hot but not smoking. Place the salmon fillets in the pan, skin side down. Sear them until the skin is crispy and they release easily from the pan. Flip the fillets and cook until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Glaze with Teriyaki Sauce: Pour the prepared teriyaki sauce over the cooked salmon. Allow the sauce to simmer and glaze the salmon, enhancing its taste with the sweet-savory flavors.
- Garnish and Serve: Finish your dish by garnishing the Teriyaki Salmon with sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Serve it hot, either on its own or with steamed white rice for a complete meal.
Preparation Time ⏰
The preparation time for this Teriyaki Salmon recipe is approximately 15 minutes, and the cooking time is about 10 minutes. In just under 30 minutes, you can have this delightful dish on your table.
Nutritional Values (per serving)
Here’s the nutritional information for one serving of Teriyaki Salmon Recipe:
- Calories: 340
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 1500mg
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 7g
If you happen to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, gently warm the salmon in the microwave or oven until heated through.
Teriyaki Salmon Recipe FAQ
Q1: Can I use frozen salmon for this recipe?
A1: Yes, you can use frozen salmon, but it’s best to thaw it before cooking for even cooking and better texture.
Q2: Is mirin necessary for the teriyaki sauce?
A2: Mirin adds sweetness and depth to the sauce, but if you don’t have it, you can substitute it with a 1:1 mixture of white wine and sugar.
Q3: Can I make the teriyaki sauce in advance?
A3: Absolutely! You can prepare the teriyaki sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Q4: What should I serve with Teriyaki Salmon?
A4: Steamed white rice, stir-fried vegetables, or a simple salad make excellent side dishes.
Q5: Can I use a different type of fish?
A5: While salmon is traditional, you can use other fish like cod, trout, or tilapia for this recipe.
Q6: Is sake necessary for the teriyaki sauce?
A6: Sake contributes to the authentic flavor, but if you don’t have it, you can omit it or use dry white wine as a substitute.
Q7: How can I prevent the salmon from sticking to the pan?
A7: Make sure the pan is hot before adding the salmon, and use a non-stick skillet or well-seasoned cast-iron pan to reduce sticking.
In conclusion, this Teriyaki Salmon recipe is a fantastic choice for a quick, flavorful, and nutritious meal. The sweet and savory teriyaki glaze perfectly complements the tender salmon, making it a delightful treat for your taste buds. With minimal prep time and ingredients, it’s a convenient option for busy weeknight dinners or special occasions. So, go ahead and give it a try – your family and friends will thank you for this culinary masterpiece! Enjoy your homemade Teriyaki Salmon Recipe !