Thai Mango Sticky Rice Recipe
Craving for a taste of Thailand? Look no further! Our delightful Thai Mango Sticky Rice Recipe will transport your taste buds straight to the bustling streets of Bangkok. This irresistible dessert captures the essence of Thai cuisine with its harmonious blend of sweet and creamy flavors. Prepare to embark on a culinary adventure as we guide you through each step of creating this delectable Thai treat. With juicy mangoes, fragrant coconut milk, and sticky glutinous rice, you’ll be savoring the taste of tropical paradise in no time. Let’s dive into this mouthwatering journey!
Thai Mango Sticky Rice Recipe Ingredients
For this heavenly Thai Mango Sticky Rice Recipe, you’ll need:
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Wash the Rice: Start by rinsing the glutinous rice in cold water until the water runs clear. This will help remove excess starch.
- Soak the Rice: Place the rice in a bowl and cover it with water. Allow it to soak for at least 30 minutes, or ideally, overnight.
- Steam the Rice: ☁️ After soaking, drain the rice and transfer it to a steamer. Steam the rice for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until it becomes soft and sticky.
- Prepare the Coconut Sauce: While the rice is steaming, combine the coconut milk, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Mango Slicing: Carefully peel and slice the ripe mangoes into thin strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Assembly: ️ Once the rice is cooked and still warm, pour half of the coconut sauce over it and gently mix to coat the rice evenly.
- Serve: Serve the sticky rice on a plate or in a bowl, topped with the sliced mangoes. Drizzle the remaining coconut sauce over the mangoes and rice. Optionally, sprinkle some sesame seeds for added texture and flavor.
How to Prepare
Creating the perfect Thai Mango Sticky Rice Recipe involves precision and patience:
- Rice Consistency: Ensure the glutinous rice is neither too dry nor too wet; it should be sticky but not soggy.
- Coconut Sauce: Don’t rush while making the coconut sauce. Let it simmer gently to achieve the ideal sweetness.
- Ripe Mangoes: Choose ripe, juicy mangoes for that authentic Thai flavor.
- Garnish: Sesame seeds add a delightful crunch, but they are optional.
- Preparation: ⏲️ 15 minutes
- Cooking: ⏲️ 40 minutes
- Total Time: ⏲️ 55 minutes
Nutritional Values (per serving)
- Calories: 320 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 30mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 30g
To preserve the freshness of your Thai Mango Sticky Rice Recipe, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. ️❄️ Consume it within 2-3 days for the best taste and texture. You can reheat it gently in the microwave, but remember to sprinkle a little water on top to prevent drying.
Thai Mango Sticky Rice Recipe FAQ
Q1: Can I use any type of rice for this recipe? A1: It’s essential to use glutinous or sticky rice to achieve the right texture.
Q2: What can I substitute for coconut milk? A2: You can use coconut cream or a mixture of coconut milk and regular milk for a lighter option.
Q3: Can I prepare this in advance for a party? A3: Yes, but store the mangoes separately and assemble just before serving to prevent sogginess.
Q4: How do I ripen mangoes quickly? ⏳ A4: Place unripe mangoes in a paper bag at room temperature for a couple of days.
Q5: Is this dessert gluten-free? A5: Yes, it is gluten-free as it uses glutinous rice, which contains no gluten.
Q6: Can I use frozen mangoes? ❄️ A6: Fresh mangoes are preferred, but you can use thawed frozen mangoes if fresh ones aren’t available.
Q7: Can I make this vegan-friendly? A7: Absolutely! Use a vegan-friendly sweetener like agave syrup instead of sugar.
In conclusion, our Thai Mango Sticky Rice recipe brings the vibrant flavors of Thailand right to your kitchen. With the perfect balance of sweet mangoes, creamy coconut sauce, and sticky rice, this dessert is sure to become a family favorite. Whether you’re indulging in it as a treat for yourself or sharing it with loved ones, this delightful dish is a slice of tropical paradise on your plate. Give it a try, and let your taste buds dance with joy!