Vegan Pasta Sauce Recipe
LAY HO MA everyone (hello in Cantonese)! In this episode, I’ll show you how to make an incredibly delicious and easy pasta sauce using fresh tomatoes. Having tomato sauce on hand is an absolute asset, since you’ll be able to use it not only for pasta, but as a base for many other tomato based recipes. If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
– 1 onion
– half bulb garlic (to taste more or less up to you)
– 6 to 8 tomatoes (roma preferred)
– 1/2 cup tomato paste
– salt and pepper
– olive oil
1. slice up your onion and set aside.
2. peel and crush your garlic and place with the prepped onion
3. coarsely chop the tomatoes and set aside
4. in a medium high heat stock pot, add about 3 tbsp olive oil
5. add in your garlic and onions, season, and cook until caramelized
6. add in your tomatoes, season, and stir
7. cook down your tomatoes until soft and liquid is slightly reduced (about 10-15 min)
8. transfer the sauce to your blender and place your pot back on the heat
9. add olive oil, tomato paste, and season
10. blend your sauce on medium high for a few seconds
11. take your pot off the heat, wait for a few seconds, and pour in your sauce
12. stir in your tomato paste
13. you’re done! eat your sauce straight up or use in other recipes!